DIGESTS CURED SILICONE, OILS, GREASE, ELASTOMER, RUBBER
Catalytic solvent that shears the Si-O bond in the silicone molecule to break down silicone elastomer, rubber, resins as well as oils and greases so that they dissolve in the carrier. The residues can be rinsed away with water or iso-propanol to leave a silicone-free surface. Low solvency for non-silicones means it has little effect on most plastics, paint or powder coating though it will dissolve nylon and butyl. Does not corrode metals and may be used on glass. As the vapour pressure is low, it is not a VOC.
- Quickly dissolves cured silicone, oils and greases
- Leaves silicone-free surface
- Non VOC
- Chlorinated and fluorinated solvent free
- Negligible aromatic solvent content
- Environmentally responsible
- Low odour for operator comfort
- High flash point for safety
- Low density for ease of handling
- Rinses with water or solvent
- Safe on glass, metal and most plastic (except nylon and butyl)
- Safe on paint
Appearance Clear, mobile liquid
Colour Brown. Can darken with age.
Dissolution time 20 Seconds (how quickly it starts to work on a 2 pack silicone rubber)
Capacity up to140 grammes per litre of silicone can be dissolved
Needed anywhere that silicone is used
Digesil®NC dissolves cured silicone and can be used to remove silicone from components, floors, surfaces, tools, moulds process equipment in engineering, construction, glazing and electronic industries. The areas of potential usefulness are so wide it is impossible to list them all.
NB. Raising the temperature to 50 OC will dramatically speed up the process especially
with high cross-linked or other difficult silicones.