Guardian®Water Repellent – 6602
AQUEOUS, LONG-LASTING READY-TO-USE WATER REPELLENT
A ready-to-use, water-based silane water repellent for concrete and most masonry surfaces. Will not impair natural breathing characteristics of treated surfaces. It helps masonry resist damage related to water intrusion. Low odour and alkaline stable.
- Penetrates deeply for long-lasting protection
- Service life is estimated at more than 10 years.
- Treated surfaces “breathe” – does not trap moisture.
- Water-based formula minimizes and fire hazards
- Easy to clean up using detergent solution
- Low odour for safer application to occupied buildings.
- Alkaline stable – suitable for new “green” concrete, 14-28 days old.
- Ready-to-use – No need to dilute
- Will not keep water out of cracks, defects or open joints.
- Not recommended for below-grade application.
- Not suitable for application to synthetic resin paints, gypsum, or other non-masonry surfaces.
Appearance opaque, mobile liquid
Freezing point 0oC
Shelf life 1 year in tightly sealed, unopened container
Always carry out a test patch and test for compatibility.
Coverage is in M² per litre Concrete 3.5 to 5.0: Brick and pavers : Terracotta 2.5 to 4:Sandstone 2 to 3
Thoroughly clean the surface to be treated. Clean newly constructed and re-pointed surfaces before application. Will not impair adhesion of most sealing and waterproofing compounds. Always test for compatibility. May be applied to slightly damp surfaces but best performance is achieved on clean, visibly dry and absorbent surfaces. Excessive moisture inhibits penetration, reducing the service life and performance of the treatment.
- Protect window glass before use.
- Don’t use in wind or when air or surface temperatures are hotter than 35°C.
- Try to keep off glass.
- Protect treated surfaces from water for 6 hours, if product is on window glass, clean as soon as possible with mild detergent and warm water.
Surface and Air Temperatures. Best surface and air temperatures are 4-35°C during use and for 8 hours after. If freezing conditions exist before application, let masonry warm up before application. The water carrier may freeze at low temperatures or evaporate in high temperatures. Both conditions impair penetration and results. Clean-up is more difficult from surfaces hotter than 35°C.
Download PDF for 6602